What does it mean to be a KidCoach with Future Possibilities?
Future Possibilities’ KidCoaches are dedicated to helping young children learn how to set goals and achieve them.
Here’s what you can expect when joining the program as a KidCoach:
- Meet with your student weekly on a consistent weekly basis (for example, 11:30 to noon every Thursday).
- Assist your student in coming up with a goal that he/she would like to achieve by the end of the school year by coaching him/her through the steps to achieving this goal using the Ready, Set, Goal coaching model.
- Help your students work through the workbook designed to teach the kids lessons about things like character building, conflict resolution, overcoming obstacles in their lives, and managing time and projects.
- Celebrate at POP Night where the kids present their achievements to their peers! One of the most touching parts of this experience is that most kids’ goals are to help others in need, as they are very dedicated to helping out in the community. Becoming a KidCoach is truly is a great example of being able to influence and shape the lives of a young person, even if it’s in a small way.
Selection Criteria: To be eligible to become a Future Possibilities’ KidCoach, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Be at least 21 years of age
2. Submit an Application
3. Obtain a clear police background check (we will provide the forms at our first meeting)
4. Pass a personal reference check
5. Have e-mail and internet access and (working knowledge of online meeting platforms like Zoom)
What’s in it for You? When you become a Future Possibilities KidCoach, you get:
- An opportunity to make a positive, sometimes transformational, difference in the life of a child
- An opportunity to interact with people of different cultures
- A chance to learn from children
- An opportunity for personal growth
- A fun, dedicated, and creative community of volunteers and leaders
- A relationship that could last a lifetime!